TTFB trade deadline 2011 recap — How did your team finish?
Welcome to Through The Fence Baseball’s trade deadline coverage. We’re hoping to clean things up for everyone a bit and centralize all transactions and rumors so that it’s easy to read. On top of our daily articles, we’re hoping this becomes a great feature for our readers during the next couple of days. If for some reason the spreadsheet doesn’t show up, just refresh your page. Here’s what your looking at:
At the bottom of the sheet is tabs, each tab is separated into divisions. The information on these players are pulled and gathered from sites like mlbtraderumors.com, twitter accounts (of established MLB Writers), agents, ESPN, MLB, etc. The probability is gathered from those sites. This will be a live updating spreadsheet. Refresh your page to see updates! When there is a change, it will be updated on the spreadsheet. You just keep coming to this page, and we’ll keep updating it. At the bottom is a feed of updates or interesting trade rumors percolating as the end of the trade deadline approaches. All players highlighted in yellow have been traded.
TRADE RUMORS NEWS FEED (Only updated with on the brink rumors. Spreadsheet updated constantly.)
- Are the Astros just trying to entice the offers or are they actually being serious about not trading Hunter Pence? Danny Knobler thinks they will wait till the offseason now.
- Heath Bell thinks he will be traded to the Rangers.
- MLBTradeRumors is reporting that the deal for Kosuke Fukudome for Abner Abreu and Carlton Smith is final.
- Ken Rosenthal says the Braves are “hot” on Carlos Quentin.
- TTFB Rangers writer has the scoop on the Rangers and Heath Bell. Said talks are coming to an end, but they hit a small snag.
- Rays trade Felipe Lopez to the Brewers for Cash.
- The Astros are deciding between the Phillies and the Braves offer today for Pence.
- Phillies could have taken the lead on the Pence sweepstakes by adding Domonic Brown.
- Hunter Pence was going to be pulled from last nights game, but then ownership changed their minds. Pence was told he was going to be traded. My guess is the Phillies had a deal in place and the Astros went back to the Braves to see if they would counter.
- Denard Span talks could be dead.
- The Astros apparently turned down a deal from the Braves that was better than the prospects they offered for Beltran. Braves may be moving on and the Phillies are working on a three way deal to get Pence.
- Hunter Pence was traded to the Phillies for four players.
- Doug Fister and David Pauley will be heading to the Tigers.
- Nationals pushing Tyler Clippard hard for Denard Span.
- Brewers acquired Jerry Hairston Jr from the Nationals, tweets Scott Miller, but not official yet.
- Pirates acquired Derrek Lee for Aaron Baker.
- Giants acquired Orlando Cabrera for unknown cash or prospects.
- Jason Marquis will head to the Diamondbacks.
- Chris Davis and Tommy Hunter are heading to the Orioles for Koji Uehera.
- Ulbaldo Jimenez goes to the Indians in a five player trade.
- Cardinals snagged Rafael Furcal from the Dodgers.
- Braves finally got an outfielder, but traded Jordan Schafer and three prospects for Michael Bourn from the Astros.
- Diamondbacks continued dealing by grabbing Brad Ziegler from the A’s for Brandon Allen and Jordan Norberto.
- The trade deadline ended with a bang, seven players traded, three teams, and Erik Bedard headed to the Red Sox.