Taking a look around the league, here’s a recap of last night’s action and suggestions for your fantasy baseball team.
Clutch Performers – After his slow start to the season, Daniel Murphy has been very hot this past month, with last night being one of his finest performances of the year in the opener of a doubleheader against the Nats. Going 4-for-5 with two home runs is no joke, and Daniel Murphy has now pushed his batting average all the way to .286 on the year while riding a six-game hitting streak. Daniel Murphy was clutch. Let’s see who else fit the bill yesterday:
- Daniel Murphy — 4-for-5, 2 HR, 3 R, 5 RBIs
- Felix Hernandez — 9 IP, 5 H, ER, 11K, ND
- Edwin Encarnacion — 3-for-4, 2 HR, 3 R, 5 RBI
- Jose Reyes — 3-for-3, HR, 2 R, 2 RBIs, SB
- Matt Harvey — 8 IP, 5 H, 1 R, BB, 7 K, ND
- Doug Fister — 8 IP, 3 H, 1 R, BB, 6 K, W
Surprise, surprise! – Random performances of greatness can make or break you. Who stood tall yesterday? Randall Delgado for starters.
- Randall Delgado — 9 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, W
- Marc Krauss — 2-for-4, HR, 1 R, 4 RBI
- Juan Lagares — 3-for-4, 3 R, RBI, 2 SB
Left out in the breeze – Who got rocked and who let you down? Let’s head to the stat sheet:
- Raul Ibanez — 0-for-6, 3K
- Adam LaRoche — 0-for-7, 4K
- Paul Goldschmidt — 0-for-5, 3K
- CC Sabathia — 5 IP, 9 hits, 7 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, L
- Freddie Freeman — 0-for-4, 4K
Trending developments – Junior Lake has been as hot as anyone after being called up. He is batting a robust .417 with two home runs and a stolen base. He is definitely worth a gamble on if you need help in the middle infield and outfield positions. Though I think he slows down from his torrid pace, his upside has me wanting to take a shot on this kid.
- Jake Marisnick — 1-for-16, 5 K
- Christian Yelich — 5-for-16, 2 RBI, 3 K
These two prospects did not come firing out of the gates, that’s for sure, but the Marlins plan on giving these two players a good run. Yelich has the higher upside, but Marisnick came up as the more polished hitter. Patience is something that is hard for owners to have in fantasy, but with prospects, that’s how you have to be.
Head-2-Head– Dillon Gee just has not gotten any respect this season from fantasy owners. He has quality starts in eight out of his last 10 starts. He gets a mediocre Washington team to feast on today. He is a must pick-up to stream.
Links of the day – Here come the links! Everybody look out, ’cause here come the links.