The Hot Stove is already fired up and rolling. This figures to be the biggest free agency and trade market to date and we’re excited to cover it! There’s too much going on and we will figure out a way to condense it all for you.
Here’s the most recent rumblings:
- Nothing new on the Braves front except Alex Anthopolos has confirmed the Braves are looking for a closer. As if no one knew that, but MLB.Com Jon Morosi is speculating that former closer Craig Kimbrel could get a look. It would be unlike the Braves to fork over a contract in excess of $80MM to a closer.
- J.A. Happ is looking for a three year deal to extend his playing career to 38.
- Everybody wants Patrick Corbin, but who values him the most?
- Farhan Zaidi has went to the Giants as the President of Baseball Operations.
- We still don’t know what the Mariners are going to do. Rebuild? No? Yes?
- C.C Sabathia will play one more year for the Yankees, inking a contract yesterday that will also conclude his playing career. Congrats Sabathia!
- Last, but not least, it appears the Nationals made a last minute aggressive offer to Bryce Harper that would have kept him in Nationals uniforms for his career. Unfortunately for the Nationals, his agent’s name is Scott Boras. Boras’s career slogan is “we take everything to free agency”.