Through The Fence Baseball has a new feature. Every Monday, you will see “Monday’s Fair Balls”, as we will cover the baseball universe on the web. All the best links of the weekend (in case you were too lazy to read the headlines online) and what we covered throughout the week. Enough of the introduction, let’s jump right into this.
This week, we covered:
- On Valentines Day, Zhila Aghili wrote about his Love for the Game.
- Zhila Aghili remembered the fallen players of 2010.
- Marcas Grant examined the Angels problems as they open camp.
- The 2011 All-Rookie Fantasy Teams were released by Russ Anderson.
- Our Historian, Kevin Hunter, examined the history of Spring Training.
- Boston’s so called minor trade could have major implications says Aaron Treciokas.
- Toronto Blue Jays Minor Leaguer Ryan Shopshire introduced himself to TTFB Fans!
- Brad Owens joined our staff and delivered his 2011 Top 10 Things To Watch For.
- In his second post, Owens examined what’s going on with Seattle.
- Stacey Madden introduced herself to TTFB with her first post on the Blue Jays.
- Jordan Shafer started her mission of examining every baseball movie/flick. Email for suggestions.
- Our fans learned where the curve originated from, thanks to Dave Sullivan.
- Is Jose Bautista the real deal or just a one year wonder? Stacey Madden started the debate.
- Founder, Jamie Shoemaker, wrote a letter to the fans of Through The Fence Baseball! Read it here!
- Marcas Grant pleads with dodger management that Ronald Belisario is a big concern.
- Philip continued his in depth breakdown of the Oakland Athletics. Read about the bullpen here.
- Alex Layman thinks the Astros have some things to look forward to in his Astros Preview.
- And last but not least, we are looking for more contestants in our Fantasy Baseball Open League!
Let’s examine the top posts that happened over the weekend, from around the web!
- MLBTradeRumors examined Kevin Millwood’s options, after he turned down a minor league offer from the Yankees.
- 22Gigantes makes a case for Albert Pujols to end up in San Fran.
- Is Jim Edmonds a Hall of Famer? Cardinals GM asks the world if he is or not.
- Baseball Past and Present gives a run down on baseball events they haven’t experienced.
- Rowland’s Office talks about what matters most in the Braves world.
- Babes Love Baseball completed a season preview of the Rockies, even a drawing of Todd Helton.
If you are a blogger, have a website, or want to advertise in our weekly Monday’s Fair Balls, email Throughthefencebaseball@gmail.com.