It’s that time of the year! I LOVE fantasy baseball and well, I love the aspect of finding the “sleeper” that helps you win the league. Everyone knows fantasy baseball isn’t won in the first few rounds, it’s won with the middle to bottom picks that fill out your team. Those late round sleepers that become studs for your team. So, in this segment, we will examine all divisions and give you a first glance to help your fantasy baseball team. If all these names are new to you, then you really need to get studying.
Three types for each team, the “grab early” – players you should draft during the draft. The “midseason boost” – players you can target in late, late rounds, but mostly pickups after the first month. Finally, we have the “dynasty/playoff boost” – these players you pick up late in the year and are the ones that win your league for you. Late call ups are crucial, cause for one, when playoffs are happening and your best players are resting, these guys continue to produce and are played.
We are only looking at players with rookie capabilities. Let’s get started with the stacked NL Central. Here is the NL EAST picks.
- Dylan Carlson – If you don’t know this name … then … I don’t know what to tell you.
- Jose Garcia – SS that could battle for the starting position early on. If not, he will become a potential midseason boost.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes – A must draft, solid power and skills on a team that he will surely stand out on. After two weeks, he will not be a free agent anymore.
- Reds – Nick Lodolo – The reds top prospect, look for him to be called up a few months into the season.
- Brennen Davis – missed last year and that slowed his development down, but stash now, potential 40/40 guy on a rebuilding cubs.
- Travis Swaggerty – Potential late season call up, to start up in 2022. Great hitter to have in your pocket for the late stretch.