Are you ready for some baseball?
This guy, in particular, is stoked for baseball to start. Even better: I’m counting the days to my next fantasy baseball draft.
- Officially licensed by the MLB
- Officially Licensed Product
So, for those nuts like me out there, here are some rumblings of what’s going on in spring training.
- Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas writes that Josh Hamilton is pleased with his new two-strike approach. Cutting down on strikeouts only helps fantasy owners and Rangers fans. Durrett also reports that LHP Martin Perez will get to start on Friday and is pleased so far, as well. It’s too damn early to tell for me.
- The Padres are continuing to give Everth Cabrera looks in the outfield, trying him out at all three spots. He should battle for some playing time, but that doesn’t mean he should make your draft board either.
- Geovany Soto is doing some drills with other Cubs catchers and should be good to go by Saturday. He had a groin injury. Backup catcher Jason Jaramillo is also out with a quad injury.
- Big news in Pittsburgh: Andrew McCutchen is now on board for six more years … or until he get’s super valuable and they trade him for an army of prospects.
- Bryce Harper is getting plenty of playing time this spring with Washington and might be getting a lot more come the start of the season. Michael Morse was injured — apparently, it’s his right lat with a strain. Most likely a DL situation.
- Here’s the video of Carlos Guillen announcing his retirement from the Mariners. Seems it was only a year ago he laid down that suicide squeeze for Seattle in the 10th inning against the White Sox to clinch the 2000 ALDS.
- Chipper Jones was scratched from Atlanta’s lineup yesterday and will not make the next trip either. Said he needed a rest because of some nagging injuries. It’s only been a few days …
- Last but not least (for now), the Padres are taking offense to the claim that they have the ugliest baseball uniform in baseball. Would you rather wear camo or the Miami rainbow?