In addition to Top Five Baseball Movies Without Kevin Costner that one of our writers had published, I decided to create a similar post. Readers love to give their input as well, right? I want your input. You gave plenty of input recently on Top Five Baseball Movies Without Kevin Costner and Chipper Jones: Better than Cal Ripken Jr and Derek Jeter? Don’t forget our post that created lots of drama, It’s Not Crazy: The Pirates Have The Best Outfield in MLB.
Yes, we’ve seemed to create a following, mad or happy. Given that, this post should create lots of conversation. If you do not have input in this article, or list, then you aren’t much of a Fantasy Baseball fan.
Here’s my top 5 for every position, again with a fantasy focus:
My Catcher top 5 was recently published here: Ranking the Catchers: Does Carlos Santana Provide Value?
1. Albert Pujols – How can you argue against that?
2. Adrian Gonzalez – Numbers can only go up at Fenway!
3. Miguel Cabrera – Solid stat line last year!
4. Freddie Freeman – As a Braves fan, can I put him here?
4. Joey Votto
5. Prince Fielder
1. Robinson Cano – Again, can you argue?
2. Chase Utley
3. Martin Prado – Not sure if he will have second base eligibility next season?
4. Dan Uggla
5. Dustin Pedroia – How well will he bounce back?
1. Troy Tulowitzki – Am I picking the All-Star team here?
2. Hanley Ramirez
3. Jose Reyes
4. Stephen Drew
5. Jimmy Rollins – Feels like a love for the NL East here, Gonzo with the Braves ranks 6th in my book.
1. Alex Rodriguez
2. Evan Longoria
3. Jose Bautista – if he holds value there in your league.
4. Placido Polanco – Doesn’t strike out folks.
5. Adrian Beltre/David Wright – Which one will have a better year?
Outfielders (This is tough!)
1. Carlos Gonzalez
2. Matt Holliday
3. Josh Hamilton
4. Carl Crawford
5. Ryan Braun (Come on now, I only get 5)
1. Roy Halladay – No one else comes close
2. Adam Wainwright
3. Felix Hernandez
4. Tim Lincecum
5. Jon Lester (Go ahead, hate me)
1. Heath Bell
2. Brian Wilson
3. Carlos Marmol
4. Joakim Soria
5. Craig Kimbrel (Who?)
There you have it. Now let me hear it.