Editors Note: Every Monday, you will see “Monday’s Fair Balls,” a recap of the baseball universe on the web. We’ll feature all the best links of the weekend (in case you were too lazy to read the headlines online) and our top articles along with the photo of the week. Enough of the introduction, let’s jump right into this. You can always check out our older Monday’s Fair Balls!
Top articles of the week:
- David examined the similarities between Charlie Morton and Roy Halladay.
- Breaking down the AL East, Logan tore it apart in his Relaying The Signs.
- Brad displays a look at Cole Hamels‘ wife and others in his Ranting and Raving segment.
- MLBTR’s Ben Nicholson-Smith joined us and delivered a piece on good and bad deals of the off-season.
- And finally, Bryan touched on likely number-one pick Gerrit Cole’s future with the Pirates.
Let’s examine the top posts that happened over the weekend from around the web!
- Tim Dierkes, Founder of MLBTR, revisits Lincecum’s historic arbitration case.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith digs into the financial implications of Hosmer’s promotion.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog thinks it may be time to let balls and strikes be called electronically.
- MLB Draft Insider posted an updated mock of next month’s amateur draft.
If you are a blogger, have a website, or want to advertise in our weekly Monday’s Fair Balls, email Throughthefencebaseball@gmail.com.
- Officially licensed by the MLB